[Amps] Shipping Alpha 91b from US to Eu

Fortra fortra at siol.net
Sun Sep 2 08:46:43 EDT 2007

Hi Guys,

would you kindly help me with combined experience on both sides of the pond, to get my Alpha 91b from US to Slovenia.
Here is my case:
===================================
Have bought Alpha amp ALPHA 91B on e-bay.
The amp is now at my brother in Wheeling Illinois ZIP 60090.

Now my brother have had tried to send the amp to Slovenia using USPS site, to calculate the postage and freight charges overall, to Slovenia.
It looks that he and USPS man, could not find the right service to send the amp to Slovenia. He also tried FEDEX and UPS sites,
and horrendous freight figures comes out ( between 600-800 US$ per box).
There are two boxes: Amp is 22x24x12, and transformer box is 16x14x14 inches. Weight is Amp is 45 lbs and xfrmr is 44 lbs.

So Amperes,  here is my query; is there any reasonable freight service that could be used to ship the items
to Slovenia (Slovenia is member of Eu)?( I am willing to use ship, ground, whatever to get the stuff')

There are widthxlengthxheight limitations of packages shipped by USPS. They are also using GIRTH
ratio to limit dimensions of package not to be over 79 inches combined.

Also, could not believe if someone wants to buy Alpha or any other amp, directly from US that he has to pay 1200-1400 US$ for freight.

Have anyone of the forum members have had bought any Amp of sizeable dimensions, directly from US to Europe??

Thus, any advice any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Nermin S58DX