[Amps] crossmodulation in PA

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Sep 7 10:10:45 EDT 2007

Aboard USN ships RX and TX antennas were often parallel and only 30-60'
apart. This was with WW2 and earlier technology. Transmitters were usually
in the 500 to 2KW input range. TBK, TBM, TBL, FRT were some of the series
designators.

Shore stations running 5-25+ KW used seperate facilities.

OT's will recognize the RAK/RAL and RBA, RBB, RBC series as especially
bullet proof.

In the mid 60's transceivers such as the AN/URC-32 began to take over ship
communication.

Carl
KM1H