[Amps] Load Pulling

bumerang boom bumerang.boom at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 10:59:12 EDT 2007

Thanks Tom for your reply. To my reconing the output
is a carrier of 2MHz pulses (500nS period) with a very
low duty cycle (20nS). The pulse, at least
theoretically, carries a lot of harmonics extending up
to 30MHz.

Perhaps an antenna tuner, a 50 OHM dummy load, a
current metter for the amp suply, and an osciloscope
to watch the magnitude of the output pulse could
provide a clue where the output impedance lies, but I
am not sure about the acuracy of such a measurement

N2NNU