[Amps] AL80A and SB1000 Question

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Fri Sep 21 12:34:18 EDT 2007

Question.....

I know the AL80A and the SB1000 are "identical" amps.  How close are they?  I have been looking at the schematics and find very little variations.  Anyone want to venture an opinion?  Looks the same to me.

On a side note....any install vacuum relays in the AL80A?  I like the amp but I am not fond of the "clack" each time you key.  During a CW contest....it gets quite annoying.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common Sense divine?