[Amps] stability of amps

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Mon Sep 24 20:17:31 EDT 2007

> Does anyone have the s (or y or z) parameterts of the 572B
> at frequencies up to 50 MHz and beyond? This would tell
> you the potential stability.
> My experience with 572Bs  is that they are a real wotsit
> at 10 metres anyway, and personally,. I'd avoid them like
> the plague

I would too, but that's because I like to use a tube on a
frequency where it is very stable and predictable. That
means well below the self-neutralizing frequency...not
above.

I once made sweep tubes operate on 6 meters as a bet from
someone at Amp Supply, and then the things went into
production!!!

In many cases if we find a lucky recipe it can be repeated.
That shouldn't be confused with engineering.

73 Tom