[Amps] 6 mtrs:

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 07:46:33 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/25/2007 7:33:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
g8gsq at eltac.co.uk writes:

For sure  - I was going to make the same comments as you about a 10m
single  bander.

Steve

Steve, It looks like we both agree , and I think others will agree like  Carl
KM1H on"HOW" the amps work on 50mhz.  The answer in the nutshell is it  is a
single band tank circuit with a single band input circuit optimized for the
band, less stray "C" and "L" as there is virtually no "lead lengths" from the
tune and load caps to the inductor.  Anyone slightly knowledgeable on
amplifiers that would look at Carl's or my tank circuit on our SB-200  conversions
can easily see the concept we talk about here.  As Carl points  out many times,
it is NOT rocket science.  I hope the frustrated poster on  this issue will
except this as the "ham spirited" answer to his question.   I can not think of
any other answer to give him.

On another note, Carl and I have seen many failed attempts to SB-200
conversions to 6 meters and we have fixed them.  Some people who can't seem  to get
it together with an Sb-200 conversion to 6 meters, cop out and say it  can't be
done or blame the tubes or some other lame excuses.  Then go on to  try and
convince the masses that it is not a good item to buy.  I am sure  Carl and I
can come up with hundreds of satisfied customers.  Might I add  W2CQM to the
list.  73 Lou