[Amps] 6 mtrs:

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 08:58:45 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/25/2007 7:46:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
w8ji at contesting.com writes:

There's  nothing wrong with what you are doing except when
you extend the fact you  got lucky to mean it's a great idea
and the rest of the world is  substandard.

73 Tom

Tom, I don't want to argue about this point, and I don't mean to blow my
whistle and I usually don't.  I am sorry if my thoughts on the subject seem  to
reflect the above captioned statement of yours.  But I must say the  thought of
me meaning that others are substandard is wrong.  I never said  anybody was
sub standard, I said they get frustrated and jump to  conclusions.  I think
there is a difference here and that should be pointed  out.  Carl has been doing
Sb-200 conversions much longer than I have and I  would like to know what he
has to say about all this.  You seem to feel  that what we do is a compiled
error compensated design, I don't feel that  way.  I want to know how Carl feels
about that.  I am sure he will get  in here and make a better technical
argument than I will.

I want to add one thing, In my everyday work which I have been doing for 37
years I thought I knew it all and seen it all, but not too long ago someone
showed me something that I thought was virtually impossible in my field.
Something that I had professed as a professional  for all that time was BS,  I saw
it happen and I have to humble myself to say, someone finally did what I
thought was impossible.  HOW?  Through a technique I would have never  dreamed of
on my own.  Go figure.  73 Lou