[Amps] 6 mtrs:

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Tue Sep 25 16:37:26 EDT 2007

Yep, things do change.

I want to see the spectral analysis of the SB-200 (monoband or otherwise)
operating at 750W PEP output on SSB, closing in on IM3-5-7 especially.

When I've used this tube, it's provided only about 8 dB power gain.  With
100W drive that's <750W output, at any frequency.  The Cetron "ratings" per
the old data sheet I have is 30 MHz max for full ratings; 7.5 dB gain; 2.4kV
max and 250mA max per tube, yielding 300W output per tube (the data
obviously assumes 50% efficiency).  At even 65% efficiency to achieve 750W
out would be 1153W in, and 403W dissipation from a pair of tubes rated for
320W max dissipation at 30 MHz.

I fully agree anything's possible.

WB2WIK/6

  _____