[Amps] Super Cathode Circuit

Colin Lamb k7fm at teleport.com
Thu Sep 27 15:25:10 EDT 2007

I recall an article in Ham Radio many decades by Bill Orr, with a super cathode circuit.  As I recall, a good portion of the drive was to the cathode and the screen was connected down on the cathode choke.  I have never seen a complete amplifier design, but as I recall there was some degeneration in the circuit.

The way I visualized the circuit, it would be very hard to make a bandswitching amplifier.

Is this the same circuit that is being discussed?  Are there resources to learn more and to see a schematic?

Colin  K7FM