[Amps] New SB-200 owner

Peter Chadwick g3rzp at g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 02:24:48 EDT 2007

I would describe the business with the super cathode circuit and triodes as being one where the animal changed from having feathers to having fur, and then found it couldn't fly! The original was fro eterodes - that's where it works.
I could imagine doing something similar witrh two triodes in series in a cascode type arrangement. Why you would want to is another matter, unless you were perhaps after the prize for the most useless circuit idea.
Incidentally, Tom, you have more faith in RSGB books and articles than I have. However, possibly that's because I'm one of their reviewers!
73
Peter G3RZP