[Amps] procedure to resonate hv choke in ps

Fern Rivard crc at cyberlink.bc.ca
Sat Sep 29 11:41:20 EDT 2007

    I have a 10 henry hammond hv choke that I want to use in the full wave bridge hv ps for my work in progress 8877 hf amp but need to know the procedure to tune it to 120 hz. I understand that it can be done with a trusty old HP 200CD audio generator but I don't seem to get anywhere's with that. What am I missing here or do I need to provide some isolation between the audio generator and the choke/capacitor assembly? I am using a scope to monitor the output.
    I will also be using a 40 mfd oil filled capacitor on the output. Any help or suggestions with this would be greatly appreciated as I can't find much on this in the newer arrl handbook.
    Thanks from Fern