[Amps] looking for source of air flow switch

rgroh at swbell.net rgroh at swbell.net
Sat Sep 29 12:59:30 EDT 2007

Try google for 'surplus airflow switch' and you will get a lot of hits. They range from sophisticated to very simple (e.g. a sensitive microswitch with a blade where the blade sticks in the air stream and is deflected by the airflow). Bought new they seem to be pretty pricey but I think you could fabricate something using a surplus microswitch and a homemade paddle - simply cut down the paddle size until the airflow setting is about where you want it. You could use a variac on your blower for an adjustable airflow source.

Surplus Sales had one without a sail:
http://www.surplussales.com/Fans-Blowers/FansBlow-2.html

Look in industrial supply houses, air conditioner shops, etc.

73
Bob, WA2CKY