[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 63, Issue 56

David Cutter d.cutter at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 1 02:19:30 EDT 2008

Mike

That's interesting.  What I mean is, how do you ensure your voice is not cut
off if you speak too soon, relative to the transmitter coming on?  I presume
it's a question of training yourself to speak after you operate the switch.
I have seen operators who seem to speak and switch simultaneously and
monitoring them shows part of their speech cut off.

I would prefer a system which held the voice in a delay circuit (Bucket
Brigade Delay Line) which waits till the right time in the transmit cycle
before being delivered.  However, I can see the difficulty with monitoring
one's own voice.  It's all so much easier on cw...

David
G3UNA