[Amps] Glass Vs. Ceramic?

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Apr 5 11:20:18 EDT 2008

The primary advantage of ceramic is that many are higher power than the
glass. You also pay a lot more up front and for replacement. The AL-1200 is
capable of 2200W+ output as are the pair of 3CX800 amps. However the 3CX1200
is much more forgiving for tuning errors or antenna problems.

Glass, as in the 3-500Z, is good up to around the 1500W level, readily
available and still reasonably priced.

Carl
KM1H