[Amps] Replacing 811A with 572B

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Wed Apr 9 20:18:41 EDT 2008

I don't think the amplifier will run any cooler since the efficiency will
not improve.
The gain may be a bit lower since the 572Bs are intended for higher plate
voltage.
But other than that there should be no problem. The tubes will take more abuse
during tuning up but may not actually last longer since that may ultimately
be determined
by cathode emission. There is no reason for the cathodes to last any longer for
the 572Bs than the 811A..

73
bill wa4lav