[Amps] bandswitch question

Steve Flood kk7uv at bresnan.net
Tue Apr 15 19:16:28 EDT 2008

Ebay Item number: 170209709824

Are these decent bandswitches?  They are break-before-make, and not progressively-shorting.  My tank coil is wound for 160m with taps for 80, 40, and 20.  Since I am not running the higher bands (15, 10m) and around 1000w, is it necessary (or good engineering practice) to use progressively shorted taps?

I also have a larger 3P4T ceramic switch which I could rig up for shorting unused taps if needed, but the smaller switch above will make a little more room in the RF compartment.

Thanks,
Steve KK7UV