[Amps] current in primary of microwave oven transformer

David Ackrill dave.g0dja at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Apr 24 10:46:31 EDT 2008

d.cutter at ntlworld.com wrote:
> David
>
> I don't think that's what Angel measured:  I understood it was measured using a regular current meter, therefore the results are VA reactive not Watts.

I must have missed that bit, or forgot.

Yes, a current reading will give you VA if you don't have the phase
angle information.

But, that's not what the domestic electric meter will be measuring of
course, so the only charge will be in terms of the kW consumed over the
period of time that the transformer is switched on for.

Dave (G0DJA)