[Amps] Help with hv rectifiers, filter caps, etc

Fern Rivard crc at cyberlink.bc.ca
Fri Apr 25 20:36:25 EDT 2008

    I'll be recapping the filter caps in my hf amp and replacing the original filter caps which are 210 mfd @ 450 wvdc with some that are 530 mfd @ also 450 wvdc(same physical dimensions and also same price). Now what I'm concerned about is whether this will pose some problems with the existing hv rectifiers which are MR-510 rated at 1000 vdc and 3 amps or should I be replacing them with something beefier than those? What is a real good source with good price for better replacements diodes?
    Thanks from Fern