[Amps] Dentron MLA2500 SWR Question

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Fri Aug 1 18:26:33 EDT 2008

> I will investigate the bandswitch tomorrow, as that sort of
> makes sense.

While you're in the area of the bandswitch also look at the
padding capacitors ("doorknobs") since they are notorious for
thermal drift with high current.  A bad padder would also be
consistent with high drift on one or two bands depending on
the particular switching arrangement and how much of the
total capacitance was being provided by the padder.

Dentron was not known for the highest quality components
and might well have substituted capacitors with marginal
current capacity if they could get new ones at a lower
cost.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV