[Amps] Lonely

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Aug 11 19:20:55 EDT 2008

Help me!  I just unsubscribed from the FlexRadio reflector and I feel so
lonely.  No more 100+ messages per day on topics like "where are the knobs"
or "I just downloaded the latest Beta software and now my radio only hears
11 meters".  You guys on the Amps reflector have to take up the slack.  How
about some schematics for a tetrode amp?  I would like to run a pair of
4CX1500B's in grounded screen, grid driven but I can't find a viable
schematic.  I looked at VE5RI's website but his design is too complicated.
I'm planning on using a 24.5" high rack cabinet for both the RF deck and the
power supply.  His power supply alone is 48" high, has 5 transformers and 7
capacitors, not to mention all those stogy size resistors.  If only Alpha
could solve their production problems on the 8410 so I could copy them.

Forgive my ramblings, just send schematics,

Bob W6TR