[Amps] Ameritron Amps?

Roger (K8RI) sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Sat Aug 30 20:26:25 EDT 2008

Carl wrote:
> The 1200 is instant on and has a very rugged grid which makes it almost
> idiot proof.

The older manual I read says it takes 130 watts drive for the legal
limit and I don't have anything that goes than high.
> The 1500 has a controlled warm up and a very fragile grid requiring
> protective circuits that you hope always work.

That thing is rugged compared to the PL172/8295A in my old HT33B <:-))
Of course the 1200 is *really* rugged.
OTOH the price of those 3CX-1200s appears to be going up substantially
yet the manual calls them an inexpensive tube.

73

Roger (K8RI)