[Amps] Thanks for the input guys.

Gary McAdams g.m.mcadams at comcast.net
Sat Aug 30 23:03:57 EDT 2008

Hello Again fellows,

Thanks to all that have replied so far... It is a lot of good info, and
will give me plenty to think about in the near future. I have no need to
go over legal limit, so maybe the AL-1500 is a bit too much amp.

But, there is always the other hand... where the exciter and amp are
both running at well under their limits. Lots to ponder.

I don't think that I'll be replacing either tube, and have had a bit of
bad luck with both the Eimac and Taylor brand 3-500's. The troubles with
my TL-922 seem related to age and aftermarket accessories/ modifications
more than tube issues.

I'll keep reading the postings and thinking about this I was kind of
hoping that Tom might check in with an opinion...

Thanks again to those who have already relpied and to those who want to
contribute!

73 Gary WG7X