[Amps] inductor between plate and blocking cap

Lynn Osterbur no9z at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 23:14:03 EST 2008

   I have an amp I built a few years ago. 10 - 160m YC156   The tube has high capacitance
and operating on 10 and 15m results in higher plate current at reduced output (600 watts). I
knew this going in and was curious if the problem can be solved.  I am using a pi tank circuit.
Plate v = 5300vdc
I have heard  (but not tried)  an inductor between the plate and blocking cap will help.  Probably around
.6 uh.

If I recall correctly the total capacitance of the mounted  tube and tuning cap was around  65pf

    Anyone have experience or comments on this application?

TIA for any comments
Lynn  NO9Z