[Amps] amp p/s metering

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 21:17:02 EST 2008

For accuracy I definitely would use some 1% to 5% resistors in a separate multiplier string.  Use considerably higher values in the multiplier string so that they don't act as bleeder resistors.  Using something like a 9 megohm resistor in series with a 1 megohm would give a 10:1 voltage ratio if the voltmeter has a high ohms per volt.  I know, this is not exact.  But, close enough for government work.

Most bleeder resistors don't have high tolerances so they can vary quite a bit in relation to each other.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com