[Amps] EB104 600W HF amplifier questions

Matt Tucker mail4tucker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:34:53 EST 2008

Thanks for the reply Steve.

>so that the 35 ohm series resistor
>give 50ish overall as well as attenuating the input.

That makes sense.

 >Power:
>For best performance you want a regulated supply. You might consider
hunting for surplus
>switcher supplies - 48V is common in telecomms installations, or a
>couple of 24/28V supplies can be stacked.

I have been searching Ebay for a few weeks looking for old telecom
equipment.  I have found lots of it, but of course most of it is big
power 48V @50A and needs a 220VAC input.  Although it wouldn't be too
hard for me to get 220 to my shack (garage),  I would prefer the input
be 110VAC.  Partly because I would like to make all three amplifiers
we are building the same and my friend can't run 220VAC to his shack.
There were some great deals on high power 48V supplies ($150 and up).
I wound up ordering the power transformers from Ameritron.  The price
was certainly better than the toroids I was looking at.

Matt