[Amps] Step start

Han Higasa higasa at plum.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Feb 8 05:35:19 EST 2008

Thanks to the nice comment from Ian, I am confident that I can
realize a highly reliable amplifier than the solar cycle-23.

As I am now under construction to install multiple filter capacitors
into my HVPS and my rack is open, I will add a fuse in series
of limitation resistor immediately (may be tomorrow Saturday).

I am using a 10-sec delay timer set to 5-sec for the step-start.
The needle of HV meter rise so slowly and it takes about 2- or
3-sec to reach to the nominal voltage.
I think the R is too large for the capacity of the filter capacitor.

Also thanks to Mike for introducing an alternative way.
Maybe Japanese manufacturers also selling similar devices,
so I will try to search for them.

de Han JE1BMJ