[Amps] SB-220 on 6 meters: looking for projects...

Han Higasa higasa at plum.ocn.ne.jp
Wed Feb 20 21:15:30 EST 2008

http://www.iizuka-net.ne.jp/~bear-el/sb-220-6m/

Translated some comments at the page. JA6TAY wrote:

In Japan SB-220 is rare, on this time I will modify it to six meters.
In operation SB-220 is as same as TL-922 or HL-2K with two 3-500Zs.

This SB-220 has its priary voltage configured to AC 100V.
So the plate voltage will down to 2.4 kV at full power.
The power transformer is a bit small, so I obtained about 800W out
at 50W drive. I can obtain nearly 1kW but I feel it is dangerous.

Some comments of each photo:
Remove all the things not required for six meter operation.
Need to change antenna relay to another one.
One turn coils for parasitic-suppressors.
1000 pF plate stopping capacitor.
This time I used pi-l plate circuit.
Need a large plate coil; it should be tuned correctly at the same time
such as this photo.
Need to modify a plate RFC for six meter.
Need correct grounding of VCs by thick copper ribbons.
Exchanged an antenna relay and moved its place.
I used a troid-core (seemingly T-68-10 or T-50-10) for input pi-circuit.
Ground all the grid terminals by means of ring wires.(I = Han used here
copper 'C' belts instead of ring wires here around the socket pins)

GL, de Han JE1BMJ