[Amps] complete new guy

Kelly McNutt mcnutt01 at centurytel.net
Thu Feb 21 12:04:14 EST 2008

Hi-

Have read with interest the reflector for quite a while---most things way
over my head, but I glean as much knowledge as possible.

My new 811 has a high SWR between the 857d and the 811, only on 17 meters,
forcing the 857d to fold back.. Ameritron wrote back and said I needed to
adjust the Input slug with a 1/10 inch hex tv alignment tool to tune the
input slug from the back of the amplifier for a lower swr to the
transceiver.

1 Do you guys agree?

2 where do I get a 1/10 hex tv alignment tool?

Thanks for accepting a q from a newbie...

Kelly

K8MCN