[Amps] mfj meters for amp

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Feb 25 21:54:07 EST 2008

Steve Flood wrote:
> I bought a couple cross-needle panel meters from MFJ for an amp project.  I was surprised to open the box today and find that they have plastic housings and I can't figure out how they are suppose to mount to a panel.  Has anyone used these? or can vouch for their quality?

I can't speak for those specific meters,  but I've used many plastic
meters.  They mounted using a "C" shaped bracket that fit over the meter
terminals. there were insulated spacers to keep the metal bracket from
shorting out the terminals.  The bottom set of nuts on the  terminals
adjusted the tension.  The wires were held by locking nuts brought up
against the mounting ones.

Roger (K8RI)