[Amps] how to wind an HF broadband 10:1 transformer

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Thu Feb 28 19:15:55 EST 2008

I did that when I got my copy of V.O.Stokes book many years ago, where I
found his wideband transformer concept.
Using the largest ferrit toroids I could get, they were similar to Amidon
#61, I sandwiched them between 5mm thick aluminum plates 20x10cm for
cooling, used 2x12 toroids and wound a 50:600 transformer with 3mm teflon
covered wire to feed my terminated V-Beam from 160-10m.
That worked perfectly well with all the power my modified L4B (3.5KV) could
deliver.

73
Peter