[Amps] HV Supplies and Diodes

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Wed Jan 2 17:49:45 EST 2008

Amen Brother!

73/k5gw

In a message dated 1/2/2008 4:48:23 P.M. Central Standard Time,
km1h at jeremy.mv.com writes:

I find  it a bit strange and somewhat comical that the only ones that appear
to  champion resistors and capacitors across any series string of 1N540x
diodes is the amateur community.

Not one manufacturers application  notes mention them.

No industrial product that Im aware uses  them.

The one ham amp manufacturer mentioned has a reputation of power  supply
problems.

Most of us realize that the diodes of the 60's had  problems but is there any
reason to continue it almost a half century  later?

Fact or  mythology?

Carl
KM1H