[Amps] My HV supply design.

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 02:49:32 EST 2008

> Hi all,
>
> I'm back in the "business" after several very busy months and i'm continuing
> my 2m amplifier project. (4CX1500B)
> I'm still collecting parts and i will start with the power supplies.
>
> I made a diagram of my HV supply and i'ld be happy if you could look on it
> and say if everything seems OK.

In the case of an arc, you end up with a lot of volts across R13
which could have consequences for the tube, insulation and
decoupling components depending on how your amp is configured.

A low value resistor (say 1 ohm) with a big diode across it
prevents the voltage rising. Choose 0.5V FSD for the meter and the
diode protects it from damage too.

Steve