[Amps] re dishtronix amp

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Jan 22 14:29:25 EST 2008

I don't know whether the Dishtronix amp is any good, but the pricing isn't
that nutty - there are a number of people running 2 Alpha 87As or two Acom
2000A amplifiers for SO2R contesting.  If the SO2R switching operates
properly, one Dishtronix would be less expensive than that.

A couple of years ago, at Dayton, Elecraft showed a prototype legal-limit
amplifier with similar SO2R capabilities and a built-in antenna tuner, that
they tentatively priced at US$6000.  If they bring that to market once the
K3 is well launched, and it works as advertised, then it would be a bargain
compared to two self-tune amps by any manufacturer.

73, Pete N4ZR