[Amps] ALS-600... problems???

schuetzen chasm at texas.net
Sun Jan 27 18:37:14 EST 2008

Phil & Debbie Salas wrote:
> I've had an ALS-600 for about two years.  It has been a great amp.  I'm
> currently using it with an MFJ-998 autotuner (just upgraded from an MFJ-994B
> tuner).  I have a review of this amplifier on my website at www.ad5x.com.  I
> also have a simple QSK conversion for this amp on my website as well.
>
> Phil - AD5X

alright, you gentlemen have convinced me to get an ALS600

How to use what i have...
believe that I will just set up two systems

IC736 > SB220 > DENTRON 3K > DX-CC
this will do the MARS/ham 80 thru 20m bands

and the

TS480 > ALS600 > 998 tuner  >  Cobra Sr
this will back up the above and do my MARS alternate freqs of 90m/60m
and so on

"talking" with Dave (N4KZ), he has really convinced me to consider the
MFJ998 instead of the LDG1000 tuner.  really big point is that when
tuning, the MFJ tuner sets the txcvr (or amp?) back to 10W for you
instead of your having to remember to do that.  problem is that I shy
away from that which is new until the bugs are worked out<BG>

cheers and thanks for the input and suggestions.

chas/k5dam