[Amps] Martin's Comments on EB-104 Pictures

Dan Levin djl at andlev.com
Tue Jul 8 13:49:42 EDT 2008

Martin,

Thanks very much for taking the time to write this detailed set of comments.
We appreciate them, and will take them to heart as we continue with our
project.

As I'm sure you all know, the actual RF amplifier modules are just one part
of a project to build a legal limit solid state amplifier.  In the Project
Gamma design, we are starting with EB-104 boards precisely because they are
a proven design that has lasted the test of time and are known to produce
high quality class AB SSB output.  When and if someone comes up with a
"better" RF module, we will be more than happy to swap it in!

We posted these pictures primarily because lots of folks are building EB-104
based amps, and the previously available construction documentation is
terrible.  We hope that by publishing this more detailed photographic record
of 'correct' construction, we can help others get a better result.

Finally, a note on the project website.

Google continues to consider www.k6if.com a bad site, although we believe
that we have removed all of the offending material (we were subject to an
iframe malware attack).  Google should review the site soon, and hopefully
remove it from their list.  McAfee SiteAdvisor considers the site safe at
this point - but the site is still in flux as we continue our efforts.

The various photo galleries are available (and should be safe) at
http://www.k6if.com/gallery2 .  You will still get a warning if you are
using Firefox due to Google's concerns.

                        ***dan