[Amps] K2RIW / W2GN 144MHz Linear

Adrian Rees rees.a at btconnect.com
Wed Jul 9 11:03:51 EDT 2008

Hi all
I have been slowly gathering all the parts to build a 144MHz Linear based around a pair of 4CX250B valves (tubes to our US Cousins).

Recently, a local amateur sold to me his collection of parts, including a pre-drilled chassis, stripline and all the necessary parts to, what appears to be, a W2GN Stripline Linear.

However, one or two of the components don't appear to "fit" together particularly well (ie the Stripline is out by about 5 or 6mm). Some internet research has yielded the W2GN design in PDF format, and I understand that this is a development of the K2RIW design. I am wondering if the differences in the chassis and stripline components are because what I actually have is a collection of components for a K2RIW linear.

With this in mind, does anyone know were I could get some information on the K2RIW 144MHz Linear using 4CX250B's

Cheers

Adrian  MW1LCR