[Amps] Silver Strap

Alex alexeban at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 06:27:59 EDT 2008

I would also like to remind you of something: if my memory serves me still
right, all oxides except silver are insulators so that if they appear
they're out of the game as conducting media.
My guess is that copper oxides do the same so that it's only natural for the
current to "bury" itself under the oxide layer to follow the least
resistance path.
One thing I can tell you: don't gold plate anything carrying RF especially
not at the higher frequencies! I've had a case when microstrip was gold
plated and completely detuned by the altered velocity factor that resulted.
The best thing, I think, is to use bare copper and possibly, spray a VERY
thin layer of acrylic lacquer over it.
Alex	4Z5KS