[Amps] Alpha 76a chimneys ?

Paul Young paul at g0hwc.com
Fri Jul 11 11:45:47 EDT 2008

Hi all,
I have picked up a 76A in need of some care !!! Both the Tubes
look like they have had a hard life or possible wrong chimneys fitted,
Both tubes are very dark. I did pick up a spare pair from Ebay but have
gone Missing in the post so still looking for a pair of pulls.

Well back to the chimneys, The chimneys fitted to this Alpha 76a 2 hole
are solid white tube and they about 1 inch short of the top of the
case. They are a decent fit round the 3XC400's. So should I look at
getting new chimneys or is there a way of extending these short ones?

I have put some photos here: http://g0hwc.com/alpha_76.html
PS: to date I have not put any RF via the amp, just turned on and
nothing went bang !!!

Paul G0HWC
http://www.g0hwc.com

Check out my website  www.g0hwc.com / www.sstv.org.uk    *Echolink node MB7ICL-L  "381900"*