[Amps] Air variable pitting - repairable?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Jul 19 17:49:28 EDT 2008

No amount of filing and sanding will completely restore that plate to its
original mirror finish. Microscopic rough edges will be the first place it
arcs again.

Simply remove the plate and realign the remaining plates. One less isnt
going to matter much anyway, even on 160 much less 20.

TT has had arcing problems since day one due to the configuration of the Pi
L; early caps even used Teflon sheets between plates.

Carl
KM1H