[Amps] Air variable pitting - repairable?

Russ Williams hrd998cc at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 22:29:18 EDT 2008

Well, if it is the environment that is doing the cap in, and if you can dismantle the plates of the cap, you might try bonding a thin sheet of Kapton to the stator plates.  Of course, this assumes there is enough gap to accommodate .003" to .005" of Kapton.  Kapton is a fantastic insulator and can be found at reasonable cost if you look around.

Just an idea...

Russ W6OHM