[Amps] Bill Orr comment

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Wed Jul 23 16:28:21 EDT 2008

Many of the old spec sheets indicate a correction for plate tank losses.
Also, when figuring class AB2 efficiency don't forget the feed-thru power for
grounded grid amplifiers.

My 4-1000A amplifier when heavily driven will do almost 2.5 times spec.
plate dissipation into a dummy load.
But it is a grounded grid amplifier and I don't EIMAC ever actually
specified Grounded data for these
tubes. But, Bill Orr did list some information of his own in the "Radio
Handbook".

73
Bill wa4lav