[Amps] Thoughts on half-wave dipole

Roger (K8RI) sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Jul 27 23:11:34 EDT 2008

Radio WC6W wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>   The answer is yes.
>
>   The Antenna Engineering Handbook, 1st edition by Jasik; later editions by others, McGraw Hill, various dates, show these relations quite well graphically but, omit the precise formulae.
>
>   This topic is covered extensively in Chapter Five of "Antennas" by Kraus, McGraw Hill, 1950.  A book well worth having in this hobby.
>
>   The formula (10-62) you seek is in Chapter 10 on page 262 but, it is way too complicated to type.
After I quit laughing (I dug my copy out and checked page 262) I'd have
to add the math on the previous two pages before getting to the general
case, would scare off the average ham and I mean no disrespect to any
one.   I have a math minor and I'd have to do more than a little review.
The actual formula on page 262 isn't all that bad, but I'm trying to
recall Beta.  (I haven't had to use any of this stuff in over 20 years)
IIRC Beta is 2Pi/Wavelength?

73

Roger (K8RI)