[Amps] TenTec Titan 425

David J Windisch davidjw at cinci.rr.com
Sun Jun 1 05:54:49 EDT 2008

Hi, all concerned:

I have 2 instances of this good amp and power supply.

One has the SBY/OPR and VOLTAGE LO/HI switches above the POWER switch, and
the other, more convenient to operate, has the STANDBY/OPERATE and CONTROL
MODE CW/SSB switches above the POWER switch, and the VOLTAGE LO/HI switch on
the power supply.

According to my cursory inspection of the sorta-schematics, neither instance
can use the other's power supply.  If I had known of the multiple instances,
dag nabbit, I would have asked before I bought, and gotten 2 of the same
ilk.

Oh, well.

Your opinions, please: Is it worthwhile to rewire one or the other so they
are plug- and switch-compatible?

Or, anyone with a similar situation want to trade?   We could simply retain
our tubes, cuz I'm happy with the ones I'm using.

Tia & 73,

Dave, N3HE