[Amps] AL-1500 tuned input query

Dan Kovatch w8car at buckeye-express.com
Tue Jun 3 14:51:32 EDT 2008

I wonder if anyone on the list has retuned or tuned the input on the
AL-1500. I recently got a used one and all bands except 40 look good. The 40
meter input is 2.4 to 1  (i can use the xcvr tuner but don't really want to
have to remember to do that in a contest). It seems there are slug tuned
coils to tune the input but the chassis edge is in the way. I also notice
the front panel will come off the chassis and wondering if there is some
magic behind there (like access to the tuned input networks?)

Thought I'd try the list before I call Ameritron and ask for help.

Dan W8CAR