[Amps] Alpha 77dx

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Fri Jun 6 15:13:10 EDT 2008

Paul:  Surely you remember the California Kw days?  Me thinks they have
not left us.  When was the last time someone was cited by the FCC for
excess power, or even visited after FS readings taken?

For some winning is all that matters, rules and regulations are not in
the cards for these folks.  It has always been with us, I suspect it
always will.  I like headroom, but my output monitor trips the amp off
at 1475 watts.  I can look at myself in the mirror when shaving and not
see a cheater.

Listen on 10.1 when a rare one is on.  I run a high gain antenna on that
band and get stomped often by the guys who forget the limit is a few
hundred watts, not 3 Kw.  Oh and many of em can't even copy their own
calls coming back to them. Sad. We could blame the 55 speed limit, but
it was happening long before that idiotic law.  73 bob de w9ge