[Amps] AL-1200 Ameritron help request...

Ken cw at ka0w.com
Sat Jun 7 16:10:44 EDT 2008

Hello Dave!

yes, it is the stud mounted relay for delay startup. Relay vibrates inside. I had same problem with my newer AL1200. Replaced mine and all since. You can run the amp until replacement, but yes noisy.

Call Ameritron and they will send you one out asap. Small project to replace, just a little time.

73,

Ken, KA0W