[Amps] 813's shot noise?

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 12 10:54:44 EDT 2008

Hi Chuck et al:

After running a few more hours, the noise just stopped, period. It
appears the hobgoblins hiding within have been routed. Maybe it was
more boiling away that was needed, maybe some piece of ancient dirt
got dislodged or maybe it ran out of gas. I guess we will never know.

If the problem should return, I'm armed now with the wisdom of your
replies. Thank you all!

As regards the bias resistor in the B- lead, I never had any problems
whosoever over the years with this. Now if I could think of a solid
state way of switching it in and out instead of my klunky T/R relay...
Any thoughts on that?

Best,
jerome VA7VV