[Amps] filament tube life, turn on's and time on target

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Sun Mar 2 20:03:58 EST 2008

I have not seen the complete first posting but most power tubes loose emission before their filaments fail.
If you leave the filaments on continuously they will certainly lose their emission early on.
I think that Myth Busters had busted the myth having to do with light bulbs and their filaments are much hotter than
power tube filaments.

73
Bill wa4lav