[Amps] Ferrite (was: how to wind an HF broadband 10:1 transformer)

Angel Vilaseca avilaseca at bluewin.ch
Thu Mar 6 01:56:34 EST 2008

Another situation where excessive wire length can lead to unwanted
resonance effects (overheating) is the plate choke.
If the plate choke was wound on a ferrite rod, or toroid, much less wire
length would be needed.

Why is this never seen in classical designs?

On the other hand, a cathode choke wound on a ferrite rod IS a
classical, but never a plate choke. Why?

And why is a ferrite rod always used for the cathode choke, but never a
toroid?

73

Angel Vilaseca HB9SLV