[Amps] Looking to use a high power amp on 1296 in SF CA area

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 23 02:34:13 EDT 2008

Folks,

There is a big event at Moffett Field, the NASA Ames base in South SF Bay area.  Called Yuri's Night, in honor of Yuri Gagarin, it is a eclectic techno/space celebration with a lot of interesting exhibits.  8000 visitors are expected.

Google: "Yuri's Night" for details.

Our group has been invited to do an EME demo, which is do-able if Jamesburg is on the other end.  With Jamesburg's huge gain and input power, there is not need for a huge antenna system at Moffett field, so we are assembling one, that is portable, using  1.296 ghz SSB and CW.  We are using one or both of two antennas; One, an 8 yagi array, manually pointed, about 27 dbi gain, and another, an 8 ft dish.

We have 100 watts now, but are looking for a high power 1.2ghz amp, to help out the weak signal QSOs.
If anyone on the reflector, wants to participate, and bring along their QRO 1.2 ghz amp, we would welcome you to our adventure.

Anyone in SF bay area, that wants some QRO EME fun on April 12?

All the best,
Pat Barthelow    (916) 315-9271
aa6eg at hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org